Should I build a WordPress site or not?
Any entrepreneur, nowadays, knows the importance of creating a website for your business. The goal is to have a presence in the virtual world and thus win even more customers.
WordPress site is one of the most popular and widely used creative platforms in the world, covering about 29% of existing sites. All this is due to its user-friendly software with excellent potential.
But if you still have questions about WordPress for the construction of your site, continue reading this article. Here are the main advantages and disadvantages of this platform.
WordPress site: Know the advantages and disadvantages
First of all, it is important to clarify that WordPress is an open source software that acts as a content manager (CMS), also known as a publishing platform.
As it is an open source platform, there are thousands of people working every day for its development.
This development consists of creating new features or publishing content to help new users.
Here are the main advantages and disadvantages of building a WordPress site.
1 - Main Advantages
No wonder WordPress is one of the world's most popular software for creating blogs and websites.
In fact, there are many associated advantages, among which we highlight the following:
- · Free and Open Source - A great advantage for beginners. Being an open source tool, there are constant updates in the platform, in order to make it even more functional
- · Easy creation and editing of content - Even beginners without much knowledge can create a WordPress site. The tool is quite intuitive and has thousands of online help content
- · Ease of migration - If for any reason you need to migrate your site, with WordPress you can do it without a lot of work
- · World user community - The community works as an extra support in addition to WordPress support itself. In it, members help each other in the process of optimizing websites.
- · SEO Help - WordPress is a very favorable tool for search engines (like Google). That's because it has all the points required to index its contents correctly. In addition, you can use plugins that will help you improve the SEO of the site.
2 - Main Disadvantages
But as not everything is perfect, WordPress also has some disadvantages that may make you reconsider its use.
- · Constant security threats - The popularity of the platform not only attracts new users, but also hackers who promote virtual attacks. As many people use WordPress, there are also many tools created to specifically attack this type of system
- · Vulnerable Free Themes - While free themes are a great benefit and can make life easier for those without web design knowledge, they can also put your site at risk. Many themes found online have hidden codes, links and plugins whose purpose is to infect your website
- · High price of paid themes and plugins - If you prefer to use paid themes and plugins, for the highest security or to be able to use specific functionalities, they can have high values that are paid annually
After all, is it worth building a WordPress site?
Considering the advantages and disadvantages of Worpress site, we are sure that it is quite advantageous to invest in this tool for the creation of a blog or website, especially for those who are beginners.
With some security measures it is possible to get around your vulnerabilities. This way, the advantages of using WordPress outweigh its disadvantages.
Do an experiment and draw your own conclusions!